Each Place has a Story to Tell


As little boys in school we were part of ‘Boy Scouts’….it was fun going on camps and I remember a song we used to sing…’ A Happy Wanderers Song’




I love to go a-wandering, 
Along the mountain track,
And as I go, I love to sing,
My knapsack on my back


It stands so true for me even today
.
I love making the journey through places at my own pace, it helps me create my own travelogue....along with a deeper perspective  I get to experience that place meeting new people. Regular sightseeing has never been high on my agenda... I am, what you can comfortably say...'a tour guide's nightmare'. 
 Sometimes I travel with Bebe, but then I travel a lot by myself as well. Some would call that cheerless, but I love my own company, and it gives me the opportunity of meeting new people; locals especially. Talking with them I get to understand their way of life and also get to learn more about places. These places begin to come alive for me…they abound with stories…..Stories of those who lived here, their way of life. These stories, perhaps do not qualify for great historical significance, nevertheless, these anecdotal nuggets are heartwarming personalized accounts, most of the time forgotten and lost in layers of dusty memories. Sometimes it takes me days to put the story together…..
It is these stories that make each journey unique and memorable  for me.

Comments